My Blog List

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

What do you do with super ripe bananas? Do you eat them? I do not. I make cupcakes with them and then share the recipe with you!

Alight, you caught me... I also make banana bread with overly ripe bananas. BUT! Not this time. You see, I just made blueberry-peach buckle and I really didn't need another breakfast bread around the house, so cupcakes. Also I make things with browned bananas because I can't stand to actually bite into one. I'm not sure what it is maybe it's their overly sweet taste or extra mushiness, but I won't eat one.


Do you like your bananas on ther verge of browning or with a little green on them? Here's a fun little fact, my great-grandpa liked eating completely green bananas... gross have you every had a fully green banana? Don't do it, it's not worth the calories wasted. But you could do like my great g-pa and eat fruit loops with creamer...

Back to cupcakes. I found this recipe on a cool blog where the blogger only makes recipes using peanut butter and/or chocolate. She used a peanut butter cream cheese frosting, I used a peanut butter buttercream. Fabulous.


It's a really super fun combo because who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter, or chocolate covered bananas, or peanut butter and bananas? I figured since they all pair well as seperates, why not together?!? Try it, bring them to your friends, you friends may like you more for it...maybe or maybe they already like you since you are super awesome...however you want to see it.

But for really-o, I dig these bites.


Banana Chocolate-Chip Cupcakes:

2 1/2 C. Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 C Banana Mashed (about 2 bananas pureed)
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
3/4 C. Buttermilk
1  C. Butter
3/4 c. Sugar
3 Eggs
3/4 C. Mini Chocolate Chips (dust with a little flour before addind)

Preheat oven 375*Line 12 muffin wells

In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.Set aside.
In another bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl begin to fluff the butter, then add the sugar until butter is light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the edges as you go/ as needed. Alternately add the lquid mixture and the flour. Once those are combined fold in the chocolate chips.
Evenly distribute amongst lined muffin wells. Bake for 18-23 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool for a few minutes inthepan thenlet them rest one a rack until sufficently cooled. Frost and enjoy!

Peanut Butter Butter Cream:
1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Peanut Butter (Creamy)
1 tsp Vanilla
3 C. Powdered Sugar
2 Tbs Milk

In a bowl mix butter and peanut butter unntil combined. Add Vanilla. Alternately added Powdered Sugar and milk until both are gone. Depending on how you like you frosting you will need more or less powdered sugar. Frost the cupcakes when they are cooled.

NOTE: This frosting tatses awesome,but it's hard to spread... if you have any suggestions,let me know!

Piece.

1 comment: