My Blog List

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rootbeer Float Cupcakes

Note- My camera deleted all my rootbeer float pictures (bummer) And these photos were super awesome, so sorry about that. And I don't havea recipe on here... apparently I'm all sorts of disappointing, but I will get these last 3 recipes up, I promise! (I just don't know when)


I love a good rootbeer. I'm not much of a soda drinker, but I rarely say no to rootbeer. Do you call it soda or pop or even soda pop? I was raised saying soda, but then moved to the mid-west where it is called pop. I still call it soda, but some of my siblings switched to calling it pop. Its good that I call it soda becuase I moved south and in the south it's soda. In the south, a lot of things are different than the north. I'm leaving the statement at that, I don't want to start and animosity

Last week RJ and I  made rootbeer floats but didn't use all of the rootbeer. And you know how it goes, if you don't finish a 2-liter right after you open it, it goes stale, bleck, flat soda. So, what do you do with half a 2-liter? I decided rootbeer float cupcakes would be a good idea, afterall I have the vanilla ice cream to put in the frosting. I searched around for a recipe and found one I really liked, unfortunately I don't remember the website I found it from, but I do know that their version was adapted from the gentlemen at Baked.

Baked is (what appears to be) a super cool bakery in NYC. I am dying to check it out. OH but wait, they just opened a second store in Charleston, SC, so much closer than NYC for me. I'm going to go one of these days, it's a bucket list thing. Anyways, I've seen these guys on Food network and they look so hip and cool, kind of what I aspire to be, especially when it comes to my baking. They have printed 2 cookbooks and I am waiting to get my hands on a copy of them. I'm not sure if the recipe I used came from their first or second book, but it is fan-flippin-tastic. The frosting is my doing but the cake is theirs. It is incredibly moist even after 3 days, maybe even longer but I'm not sure.

The cake is a dark chocolatey- rootbeer and the frosting is a vanilla ice cream butter cream. There is a faint rootbeer flavoring, nothing over powering. But I think next time I will put rootbeer extract in the frosting to make it a bit more rootbeer-y. Or maybe I will drizzle some of the A&W icecream drizzle over the frosting...maybe. Anyways, I think this cupcake is a definate hit, a little obscure but really excellent. Enjoy it and let me know what you think.

Piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment