My Blog List

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I think I could be the next cookie monster. He was definitely my favorite Sesame Street character. But did you know, that now, Cookie Monster also eats healthy food. What's the point in calling him Cookie Monster if he eats other things too...?Dumb. This is is too funny Cookie Monster v. Martha Stewart . I crack up EVERY time.

Here is a fun fact. Growing up our school buses were named after Sesame Street characters. Instead of kids having to remember numbers they just had to remember the Sesame Street character, which was easy because they had their pictures on the bus. I rode Count. 1! AH..HA...HA 2! AH..HA..HA. I think it was a clever and helpful idea.



I made Chocolate Chip Cookies a few weeks ago and I was underwhelmed at how they turned out, The flavor was pretty good, but I just wasn't super impressed with the over all look and taste. I didn't want to be bested by a cookie so I began devising a plan to beat my original recipe. I schemed and plotted then stewed my ideas waiting for the precise moment to attack. I waited and then last night I pounced like a tiger, the cookies were mine. MUAHAHAHAHA....

But seriously, I wanted to make a fabulous cookie, and I think this is. I did a few things differently and then I made them much bigger than I normally do. It made a smaller batch, but who really needs 3 dozen cookies...(me!)



I think you should make these the next time you have a chocolate chip cookie craving.

1 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Browned butter
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 C Flour
1 C. Chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
1/2 C. Toasted Pecans

Pre-heat oven to 350

Over medium heat brown the butter until it's bubbly and a dark amber color. In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugars then mix in browned butter. Add eggs one at a time. I added just the yolks here then the whites just before the chocolate chips. I'm not sure it made a difference.  Mix in vanilla, baking soda and salt. Now gradually add the flour, one cup at a time. Now the best part! Fold in your chopped chocolate and toasted nuts.
I chopped 5 (squares) oz of chocolate for this and coarsely chopped 1/2 cup of pecans. I toasted the pecans over medium heat. Shuffle the pan while the nuts cook so they toast evenly.

Using a 1/4 C. measuring cup scoop out 4 - 5 cookies per sheet. No need to grease the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. If you have multiple trays in at once swap the top rack trays for the bottom rack tray at about 5 minutes. Allow cookies to slightly cool before transferring to a wire cooling rack.

Pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk and dig in!

Piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment