My Blog List

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Strawberry Ice Cream!

Oh man, I have an Ice Cream machine!!!! I have been wanting one for at least 4 months now. Ha! That's not a long time, but it feels like it has been. I came home last week and saw a package sitting outside the town home and I thought to myself, great what did RJ get now?!( Just kidding I don't care what RJ gets) But then I took a closer look and the packing tape was labeled Bed Bath and Beyond, RJ doesn't get things from there... hmmm. I take another step closer, I see it's addressed to me, what could it be? I unlock the door to my house and bust into the box and to my delight and surprise Ice Cream maker!

A gift, from one of my best friends mom... Happy Day, heart you, THANK YOU! After much deliberation I decided to let my dogs outside before I opened the box. This is what my Ice cream maker looks like, kinda old school without the crank.

I'd like to tell you I made ice cream that night, but I didn't. Apparently it is a long process, pre-making things and freezing the tub etc etc. But I did get everything set-up so I could do it the next day. I wanted to stick to something simple for my first go 'round, but RJ didn't want just vanilla, so we went with strawberries. It's strawberry season here in NC, but the ones we put in the ice cream weren't local, oh well, next time.

I had to pa ruse for recipes on the internet I had no idea how to make ice cream. I chose to combine 2 recipes and I think it was successful.

2 comments:

  1. How cool! Did Sara's mom get it for you? How long does it take to make the ice cream? Does it come with a recipe book too, like how to make coffee ice cream or birthday cake ice cream/cake batter ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! It's only 20 minutes once you put it in the mixer. I'll put the recipe up probably today. There is a booklet with lots of frozen treats: ice cream, fro-yo, gelato, sorbet and probably something else. I was just looking up coffee ice cream recipes yesterday, funny. As for Cake batter... I will work on it. Come visit, I'll make you some!

    ReplyDelete