My Blog List

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tiramisu Cupcakes


I am super sleepy today. I have not been sleeping well lately but today I finally slept in. *Phew* I was feeling so rested I went for a 6 mile run. About 4 miles in I was wishing I had only done a 4 mile run, but I toughened up and trucked through the final two. Then I went  to vote, doing my civic duty! Then I meet up with some friends for lunch, then came home and went on a two mile walk. So now, I'm sleepy. My New Years resolution was to run at least 30 miles a month, so far I'm ahead of schedule :) But let's face it, you don't want to know about my day. You want to know about these delicious cupcakes.

Turns out, I had no idea that tiramisu marscapone  was already coffee flavored. I thought marscapone was unflavored, just creamy dreamy cheese like cream cheese. But I'm glad that I was wrong, because this made making these cupcakes easier. These lovies are definitely in my top 5 favorites and I'm guessing they will be in yours too, if you make them.

I was having a tough- gotta be an adult day- yesterday and desperately needed to retreat to my sanctuary of baking. So I did a quick check in my fridge for inspiration and realized I had marscapone from when I thought about about making cupcakes earlier. Naturally the only thing I think of when I see marscapone is tiramisu and then ta-da tiramisu cupcakes. Trust me, this cake will get you out of any funk. I was literally jumping up in down in my kitchen I was so pleased.

Luckily RJ loves tiramisu and I love cupcakes, so we love this dessert. Do you have a favorite dessert you want to convert into a cupcake?  I also want to say and quick chat with some of my favorites really boosted my mood too :)  But if nothing else, make this frosting-oh who am I kidding, make these babies.

Cupcake:

Preheat one 350 line  24 muffin wells 

3 C. Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 C Butter (12 Tbs)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
4 Eggs
1 C. Buttermilk
3 tsp Vanilla

In a bowl combine and sift flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In mixer beat butter until light then add sugar, combine until fluffed. Add eggs one at a time until combined and then add vanilla. Alternately add milk and flour mixture to butter mixture, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until just combined. Fill muffin wells to 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until and inserted knife comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Let cupcakes completely before adding filling.
Filling:
8oz Tiramisu Marscapone cheese
1 C. Powdered Sugar
3 Tbs Cream

Put ingredients into bowl and blend until smooth. Cut out a hole in the top of the cupcake, about the size of a dime. Insert knife at and angle and cut a circle. Do not throw away  this piece!  Fill the hole with the filling and press the cut out cake back into the hole. Top cake with Frosting. Dust with Cocoa Powder

Frosting:
1 Tbs Instant Espresso
3/4 C. Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Rum
2 Tbs Cream
3 C. Powdered Sugar
Blend Instant espresso and butter. Add vanilla, rum and 1 cup sugar, mix well. Add cream and 1 cup powdered sugar, blend then add last cup of sugar. Add more powdered sugar or cream if needed.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. I love these.

Piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment