My Blog List

Monday, September 24, 2012

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Hey Ya'll with fall just around the corner I wanted to share with you this super duper easy recipe I found online. I am a huge fan of pumpkin desserts- HUGE! So when I was surfing pinterest and found this recipe, I knew I had to make it. Of course I changed it a little bit :) how could I resist?!



When I was younger my mom used to make dump cake and I would always sneak extra bites from the pan... guilty! I remember she made one with pineapple and coconut - ahh makes my mouth water just thinking about it. If you have never made dump cake, you have been missing out, it's super easy and way delish!



RJ isn't a huge fan of pumpkin so I was surprised when he said he was down for this dessert. I didn't ask twice, I didn't want him to change his mind. This dessert should be served room temperature, but we had it the first night a little warm with home made whipped cream (love homemade whipped cream) and he went for seconds! So I may have made a pumpkin lover out of him!



This is a great dish for your next potluck or family get together or holiday party!

15oz can Pumpkin
10 3/4oz can Evaporated Milk
1 C. Brown Sugar
3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 Eggs
1 Box white cake mix
1 C. Melted Butter
1 C. Crushed Graham Crackers

Preheat oven to 350*

In a mixing bowl combine first 5 ingredients: pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs. Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
In another mixing bowl combine the next 3 ingredients: cake mix, crushed grahams and melted butter. This is going to make a gloppy mess... drop (dump) mixture by the spoon full over pumpkin until the pumpkin is mostly covered. This step in the first picture.
Bake 35-40 minutes until a knife comes clean.

Serve with homemade whipped cream :)

Piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment