My Blog List

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

Wholly goodness, I take back my comment on being a non-chocolate chip cookie girl. After you have these amazing desserts how can you not be?!? MMM...MMM...MMM

I saw this recipe on a blog and did a little research to see if they had created it or if it was a known recipe, turns out Paula Dean made a recipe like this that was pretty popular. I took a little from her recipe and a little from the blog recipe and created what I'm sharing with you.

I love cookie dough, probably almost more than actual cookies, but I don't know... I love cookies. I get my sweet tooth from my Dad, I'm pretty sure anyway. It was lucky for him that he found my Mom, she is an amazing baker! Now, I'm positive my Dad got his sweet tooth from his Dad, clearly this a gene that is easily passed down from one generation to the next. :) My Dad loves cookies so we always had cookies at home growing up and you know what that means... cookie dough!

For dessert I think 3 cookies is the perfect amount. What about you? Do you put a cap on your cookie intake? For these truffles you'll probably have to cut yourself off, they are too easy to eat. Pop-able little bites:

1/2 c      Butter (browned)
1/4 c      Sugar
3/4 c      Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp   Salt
1 tsp      Vanilla
1/2 c      Milk
2 c         Flour
1 3/4 c   Mini Chocolate Chips (semi sweet)
1/2 tbs   Shortening

Brown butter in a pan over low-med heat. In a bowl combine sugars, salt and vanilla. Once butter has been browned, you'll know when it starts to get a little bubbly and frothy, add to sugars. Mix on low add milk and flour. Once everything is almost combined add 1/2 c. of the mini chips, finish mixing.

Line a cookie tray or two with wax paper. Flour your fingers and palms and begin rolling 1 inch balls with the dough. Place the dough balls on the wax paper and place in freezer for at least 30 minutes. In a microwave safe bowl add the remaining chips and shortening, cook for 1 min. Remove the bowl and stir ingredients, if not smooth, place back in the microwave for at least 30 seconds, continue this process until chocolate is smooth.

Once the chocolate is smooth, begin dipping and covering the dough balls. Place them on the wax paper and place back in the freezer to firm up.

You can serve these straight out of the freezer or warm. Either way they are delicious!

2 comments:

  1. No limit on cookies, and definitely no limit on cookie dough. No limit on warm cookies out of the oven either; I guess we're just a no limit family up here in Indiana. By the way, these truffles sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are supe awesome, if you eat them at room temp. they kind of melt in your mouth... yum, but if you eat them out of the freezer they have a bit of a snap to the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete