My Blog List

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes

I love marshmallows! I'm pretty sure I discussed that with you already, so I won't bore you with it again but I love marshmallows. The funny thing though, is, I tend to spell it marshmellow instead of mallow...

These cupcakes are chocolate and the frosting is marshmallow. I thought about filling the cupcake with marshmallow cream but decided that was going to take too long, I was  on a time line. So what I decided to do is, put marshmallow in the batter and make a marshmallow frosting. 

This expriment was for my friends Birthday! Happy 25th Bridget!
The flavor = awesome but as before, the chocolate cake stumped me. I cannot seem to make a chocolate cake that doesn't crumble, any idea how to fix that? Is it better to add more liquid or flour, maybe another egg? I'm still testing to any advice is much appreciated.

Reverting back to two paragrahs, I was on a time line because I was meeting up with my Dad! I hadn't seen my Dad for 2 years, my goodness, never go that long without seeing you family. My visit was awesome, it was only and hour and a half but perfect. RJ and I met my Dad in Charlotte for his flight layover, just enough time for a brown-bagged lunch and then we sent him on his way home. I had to bring these cupcakes for him and I think he lucked out. Yum!

Chocolate Cupcake:

1/4 C.   Butter
3/4 C.   Sugar
1/4 C    Marshmellow Fluff
1/2 tsp  Vanilla
1           Egg
1 C.      Flour
1/3 C.   Cocoa
3/4 tsp  Baking Powder
3/4 tsp  Baking Soda
1/2 tsp  Salt
1/2 C   Sour Cream
1/2 C   Milk

Pre heat 325*  line 12 cupcake wells

In a bowl wisk together milk and sour cream, set aside.

In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa, set aside.

In the mixing bowl mix together, sugar butter and fluff. Once combined add vanilla and then the egg. Once those have combined, alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures to the butter mixture. Mix together until just combined. Fill lined cupcake wells till 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Marshmallow Frosting:

1 C.        Crisco
1 1/2 C   Marshmallow Fluff
3 C.        Powdered Sugar
1 tsp       Vanilla
3-4 Tbs   Light Cream

Beat together crisco and Fluff. Add vanilla and then alternate adding cream and sugar one cup at a time. Add more or less of all indgredients until its the consistency you like.  Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!

I used the left over frosting on Vanilla Cupcakes and it was fabulous :)

Piece!

1 comment: