My Blog List

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

For a few months most of my baking consisted of cupcakes. I thought it was a safe and easy route, and then I got bored and decided to venture out. But this recipe is one of my favorites!

Almost all of my life I considered myself a chocolate chip cookie girl, but then one day I had a revelation. When given the opportunity with a tray of cookies, most times I reach for a spice or molasses cookie... I couldn't believe it! I didn't know who I was....

just kidding but still.

Anywho, during this time of confusement I wanted to incorporate my new revelation to what I was baking, cupcakes. I love snicker doodle cookies, it's a cinnamon sugar cookie, FABULOUS!  So, I made this delicious cupcake and topped it with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.

1 1/2 c.     Flour
1 1/2 tsp   Baking Soda
1 tsp         Cinnamon
1/2 tsp      Salt
1/2 c.       Butter
1 tsp        Vanilla
2              Eggs
1/2 c.       Buttermilk
1 c.          Sugar

Preheat oven 350*  Line 12 muffin wells

Sift together flour,baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.

In a mixer fluff butter and add sugar combine to light and fluffy. Add vanilla combine and scrap edges. Add eggs one at a time and scrape edges as necessary. Alternately add flour and buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour. Once, just combined fill muffin wells. If you want to, sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack for the remaining cooling period.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

4oz     Cream Cheese
1/2 c.  Butter
1 tsp.  Vanilla
3 TBS Milk
1 tsp   Cinnamon
3 c.     Powdered Sugar

In a bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter. Once combined add vanilla and cinnamon. Slowly begin alternating milk and powdered sugar into mix.

Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with some more cinnamon and sugar.

You can never have too much cinnamon and sugar!

2 comments:

  1. Omg. These are the best cupcakes I've ever had in my life, hands-down. They're even better than the amaretto almond ones (but those are a close second.)

    ReplyDelete