My Blog List

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Oh yes I did! These are fun-tastically delicious.

         Sorry, these pictures were taken like 3 days after I baked them so they did look better, but trust me they are good :)
This post kinda carries over from the last one about my friends baby shower. The reason I still had cake left over was because I brought these to share. You see, I wasn't sure a nine-inch cake would feed 20 people so I made cupcakes. I wanted to make chocolate cupcakes since the cake was a white cake, you know, in case people preferred chocolate to white. As it turns out, most people did prefer chocolate to white... but like I said, it's OK because RJ really liked the confetti cake leftovers

I am not sure if I prefer one cake to the next, I'm what you would call and  equal opportunist when it comes to cake, I'll try them all. What about you, do you have a favorite cake? Do you make fun cakes for your friends? Tell me, I'd love to hear.



I wanted to mention that you can use your own favorite chocolate cake mix in this recipe. mine isn't specific to the cupcake. In fact, I would love to know your chocolate cupcake recipe! I'm having the darnedest time finding the best chocolate cake recipe but this one is pretty close.

For the chocolate chip cookie dough center, create the chocolate chip cookie dough truffles from a few posts ago. These, I promise you, will be a hit at your next get together!



Chocolate Cupcake Recipe:

1/4 C.       Butter
1/2 C.       Oil
1  C.          Sugar
11/2 tsp    Vanilla
2                Eggs
3/4 C         Melted semi sweet chocolate
2 C.           Flour
1/3 C.       Cocoa
11/2 tsp    Baking Powder
1 tsp          Baking Soda
1/2 tsp       Salt
1/2 C         Milk
1/2 C         Sour Cream

Preheat 350*  Makes18-24 cupcakes

Start by making the truffle dough. Refrigerate and allow the dough to firm to rolling consistency.

In a mixer combine butter, oil, sugar and vanilla.Add one egg at a time until combined then add in melted chocolate. In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In yet another bowl whisk together milk and sour cream. Now alternate adding the flour and milk mixture to the batter. Once the batter is made it's time to assemble the cupcakes.

Fill lined muffin wells about 1/4 full with the chocolate batter. Take a rolled dough ball and place it in the center of the 1/4 filled muffin well. Then top with enough batter to cover the dough ball.

Bake for 18-20 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in the tins for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with chocolate butter cream frosting.

Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting:

1/3 C   Butter
1/3 C   Cocoa Powder
2 tsp    Butter Flavoring or vanilla
3 TBS  Milk
3 C      Powdered Sugar

In a bowl combine butter, flavoring and cocoa. Gently mix until the butter breaks down. Alternately add the milk and powdered sugar until it becomes the consistency you like.

Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!

Until next time... Piece!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great bff! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs, I love cake. Rainbow chip, vanilla, chocolate, German Chocolate, almond... Love them all, except carrot cake.
    I made a really cute cake for Nicole when she turned 26, complete with a tent, campfire (made from Tootsee rolls and fruit roll-ups), and a pond with fish in it. I have also made various anatomy cakes and cupcakes for parties we'be attended, but they're not exactly PG rated.

    ReplyDelete