My Blog List

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fluffernutter Bars

If some of you are wondering what a fluffernutter is, well you just haven't lived till you you've had one! HA! Just kidding but they are fabulous. A fluffernutter is a peanut butter marshmallow sandwich, used with fluff, you know that marshmallow in a jar and a peanut butter of your choice ( I choose creamy Jif). This was my sandwich of choice growing up, my mom made them best!


A flufflernutter bar is a peanut butter cookie layered with marshmallows. I literally can't stop eating them, it's a problem...

Here's the deal, I needed to buy marshmallows to make toasted marshmallow milkshakes (different post) and I had half a bag of marshmallows left over... what to do I ask myself? What would you make with marshmallows? I pondered on what flavor I liked with marshmallows and I came up with peanut butter.


Now I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies but I love peanut butter, weird, maybe but it's the truth. Oh and I'm definitely not a fan of chunky peanut butter, I'm too against getting a bad peanut. YIKES!

Anyways these are very very good :)

1 C.        Butter (2 sticks)
1/2  C.    Sugar
1/2  C.    Melted marshmallows
1 C         Brown Sugar
2             Eggs
2  tsp      Vanilla
1 C.        Peanut Butter
2 1/2 C.  Flour
1/2  tsp   Baking Soda
1/2  tsp   Baking Powder
1/2  tsp   Salt

Preheat oven 350*

In a separate bowl sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

Start beating butter (I melted my butter and it works just fine if you don't have time to soften your butter) Once that is fluffy add sugar and brown sugar. In a microwave melt marshmallows, once out 30 seconds or so add to butter sugar mixture. The marshmallow may be make mixture lumpy, that's fine it will beat out. Add eggs one at a time and then vanilla. Now add the peanut butter. Gradually add in the flour mixture till combined.

Grease the bottom of a 6x9 cake pan, you may not have to but I did, I didn't want to risk it. Press half of the cookie mixture into the pan. Now with your marshmallows, cut them into halves or thirds (I did thirds) and put one layer on top of the cookie. With the second half of the cookie mix press on top of the marshmallows. Make sure all of the marshmallows are covered, if you don't they could burn!

Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Let it completely cool before cutting into.

You may need to serve in little pieces, it's kind of sweet, but oh so good you may eat the whole pan.

Until next time, Piece!

3 comments:

  1. By "sandwich of choice growing up" do you mean that you ate it every single day for probably 9 years or so? 'Cause that's what I remember!! This recipe looks amazing though! Actually all of your recipes do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You know I did. Make it, they are fabulous and take the rest into work, they will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look AMAZING! You forgot to bring them over :)

    ReplyDelete