My Blog List

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tiramisu

Let me tell you, I'm super pumped about this :)

I've only had tiramisu a handful of times, and I definitely wouldn't call it one of my favorites but this was sooo good!MMM...MMM...MMM let me tell you I would like another slice just thinking about it. My inspiration, RJ, obviously. He loves tiramisu so I thought I would be sweet and make it for him. I'm cool like that!...lol

OK, anyways enough about me. Do you like tiramisu? How do you make yours? Do you do make surprise dishes for your lovey's?

For this recipe I had to scope around the worldwide web to figure out what goes in it and I found out some fun info on wikipedia. I'm not sure why college professor's don't let you use that site, it has loads of good information. As it turns out, tiramisu is a relatively new dish, only since the 1970's, maybe '69, wiki isn't always sure. But that was fun to find out.

Oh and another fun fact, maybe... I was told this and please correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently the lighter the blend of coffee the stronger the caffeine. The longer you roast the bean, the more the caffeine is withdrawn from the bean. So all you bold blend drinkers out there, switch to Breakfast blend and feel a pep in your step.

Now to the recipe:

1 pkg  Lady Fingers
1 container marscapone cheese
4 oz  Cream Cheese
1 TBS Cocoa (plus some for dusting)
1 1/2 C  Whipping cream
3 TBS  Sugar
1 tsp   Vanilla
3 C.  Ridiculously strong coffee (or espresso)
3 TBS  Amaretto

Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla till stiff peaks form, you know, so it looks like whipped cream. To help this process, chill the bowl and mixers that you will be whipping in.
Mix together cream cheese, marscapone and cocoa until smooth, no one likes a clump of cheese in their tiramisu. Next gently fold 3/4 of the whipped cream in with the cheese mixture.
Combine brewed coffee and amaretto. Dip lady fingers in the coffee mixture, do not soak them, if you do they WILL fall apart. Layer the bottom of a 9x6 pan. Next layer the whipped cream mixture. Repeat the steps for the lady fingers and layer them on top of the cream. The layer the cream on top of that and lastly top the whole thing with the rest of the whipped cream. Dust with cocoa.

Let the dessert chill and set up for at least an hour.

SOOOO GOOOD :)

Oh update on the camera situation, I still don't have one that uploads pictures. I'm hoping someone from Cannon, reads this post and decides they want me to pimp their product for them! That would be great! But I swear once I get a full functioning camera I will start posting pictures with the blog.
Piece

2 comments:

  1. Your tiramisu recipe looks easy enough, so maybe we'll try it up here in Indiana. Nicole loves that dessert and so do I! Glad it turned out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks me too, I was scared :x because it's not "traditional" but it was good. Let me know what you think when you make it.

    ReplyDelete